An empowering tale for all kids, Reading Beauty features fun, rhyming text, loveable characters, and a heartwarming ending that will keep young minds entertained.
A irrepressible fairy tale retelling that is sure to charm readers of all ages: When a fairy's curse—a deathlike sleep via paper cut—threatens to make her kingdom barren of books, it's up to space princess Lex to break the spell and bring books back to her people. Set in the universe of the acclaimed Interstellar Cinderella, this empowering bedtime story for girls will entice young readers with its brave heroine, star-studded setting, and hilarious, heartwarming happy ending.
• Features brightly colored illustrations with impressive details that bring the storyline to life and keep readers engaged
• Encourages young girls to stand up for what they believe in while reminding them that their positive actions can truly make an impact
• Deborah Underwood is the author of Interstellar Cinderella and many other books for children, including the New York Times bestsellers Here Comes the Easter Cat, The Quiet Book, and The Loud Book
• Meg Hunt is the illustrator of Interstellar a printmaker, educator, and all-around maker of things. She was also the recipient of the 2015 Society of Illustrators Gold Medal Award for her contribution to the Illustrators 58 exhibition
Fans of Grown-Ups Never Do That and A Girl, a Racoon, and the Midnight Moon will also enjoy the fantastical storyline and captivating imagery found in Reading Beauty.
• Great read-aloud book for classroom and families
• Books for kids ages 6-8
• Children's books for early elementary school students